Intentionally designed to feel and function like other CDJ models further up the range, the CDJ-850 will give that all important reassurance when turning up to a gig with other CDJ models in the booth.
And just as budding DJs practiced on the CDJ-800 at home in preparation for their club gigs on the CDJ-1000, the CDJ-850 is set to become the new training ground for DJs hoping to break it on the club circuit.
Apart from the ProDJ Link connection, the CDJ-850 inherits so many of the most exciting features from the CDJ-2000 and 900, offering major enhancements over the outgoing CDJ-800MK2. The full-size 206mm jog wheel will be familiar to all existing professional CDJ users, giving the same performance and feel as the top range products.
And no matter which CDJ you play on, the browsing logic is always the same and all the work put into customising rekordbox collections will be available on every player in the range. So wherever you play, it will always feel like home.
The CDJ-850 features the same large rotary select dial as the CDJ-2000 and is the most affordable product in the range to feature the Wave display to see peaks and drops of the music. An intuitive Tag List feature allows you to think ahead 10, 20 or many more tracks by arranging temporary set lists on the fly. You can save this as a playlist and recall it later in rekordbox or use it again at the next gig. And what's more, it's the only player to feature Tag List editing, so you can add, remove and change the order of tracks in the list.
Adapting to all ways of working, the CDJ-850 plays music from CD, USB and PC. Despite the price point, it's capable of playing professional 24-bit WAV and AIFF, along with MP3 and AAC music files. It can be used as a Midi controller and 24-bit soundcard for music software, and with HID capability, software companies will be quick to announce Plug&Play support.
- Able to play all types of digital files, such as WAV, AIFF, MP3 etc.
- Incorporates rekordbox, allowing the creation and editing of playlists pre-gig, and recalling cue and loop settings for more inventive DJing.
- On-screen display allows for quick and easy music selection, and the wave display allows greater grasp of the dynamics of a track.
- By connecting via the CDJ-850's special interface (USB HID), more complex DJ software can be used without using a control disk.
- Tag list allows registering and itemizing of tracks at the touch of a button.
- Auto beat loop function, tempo variation, CD 'resume' function and vibration-resistance are just some of the other additional features.